Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

snowboarding, day 1

well i survived! i'm a lot sore, cannot lift my arms above my head and it hurts to walk/sit/stand/breathe... ok so not really breathing, only when i move while i'm breathing :) i'm sure stephen will be posting video later of at least one of my wipeouts, so i'll be sure to direct you to that when he does get it on the internet - i'm guessing you all would enjoy laughing along with me...

stephen was very patient with me and spent most of his day off teaching me how to snowboard (but i have a sneaking suspicion - because he told me so - that it's partially due to the fact that it's funny to watch people learning i.e. falling). i felt like i was starting to get the hang of it, and as it turns out, i did a blue run on my first day, even though we had thought it was a green - turns out the ridiculously steep hill was, in fact, blue... kind of like my bruises! after several times down and too many crashes to count, i called it a day so i could rest my poor muscles, but i look forward to trying it again soon!


the photo is from the lift ride up before my first run, post several spills, pre-many more spills!

No comments: