Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

thus the week continues...

Hello all! i haven't had/made the time to edit my most recent photos, so hopefully i will get those posted tomorrow... this week has gone by rather quickly (and slowly all at the same time!). i have to admit, i'm suffering from a mild case of homesickness this week in particular - my family (both genetic and "blood" alike), my dog, smelling the ocean air (though i don't miss the humidity!) and things overly familiar/comfortable, etc... i have just enough free time on my hands to think about home a little more than if i were going 24/7 - all in all, still not a bad thing as i know this is a temporary situation.

Tonight i was reading from Job as part of the read through the Bible in a year program and then it struck me how in the midst of everything ("my breath is offensive to my wife, i am loathsome to my own brothers. even little boys scorn me; when i appear, they ridicule me. all my intimate friends detest me; those i love have turned against me." Job 19:17-29), he REPEATEDLY turns to God.

i LOVE his next proclamation "Oh, that my words were recorded, that they were written on a scroll, that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead, or engraved in rock forever! I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh i will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes - I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19:23-27

it brought me to tears how, in the midst of everyone he held dear on earth detesting him, he wanted to proclaim Him in whom his faith is set... not only this, he shouted it! [well, an exclamation point was used on his quote - it's emphatic enough for me to consider it shouting :)] i don't do a good job of this even when things are going well beyond belief! plus i love that he, along with so many others, never knew how much they would impact other Believers - his words WERE recorded. And because of this, i'm given such a great reminder of the fact that 1. i'm only here in MT temporarily 2. i'm only in this world temporarily and lastly 3. my purpose in BOTH places is to be a witness about the grace which i have been given & share the love that the Father has for us. Humbling, no doubt!

i still miss you all, but stand encouraged and reminded in my purpose... love to you all! lauren e.

1 comment:

The Baughers said...

what an encouragement Lauren! thank you for sharing!