Followers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

mountains and mole hills

No one has actually made a mountain out of a mole hill in this circumstance, but there ARE lots of mole trails running through the back yard. While Gidget is tearing around with a piece of mulch in her mouth, trying to avoid me grabbing her by the tail and taking away her "fun," I like to step on the mole trails... It's especially fun after the rain, because the dirt sinks so much easier right back into the ground. But lately, I've had the recurring thought that perhaps one day, the moles are going to get smart and when they feel me walking across the yard to their latest dig site, they're going to pop up and attack me... it'll look something like this:

I know logically, moles don't have red laser eyes, but in my mind, when I think of what a mole looks like when they're coming after someone who takes the oddest pleasure in squashing a hard day's (or night's) work under their feet, it looks like it's got angry red laser eyes... Perhaps I did just make a mountain out of a mole hill...

see, I warned you in my blog description, this is all part of the inner monologue. Welcome to my mind :)

No comments: